Do you notice that after turning 45 you don't catch colds at all? Do you get sicker than when you were young? Do you live tired and so weak that you can't handle your body?
You are not the only one. It happens to many women when the hormonal chaos of perimenopause and menopause hits.
But you don't have to fear. Although the immune system weakens during the climacteric, if you take action with the advice you will find in this post, you will have a healthier and more energetic life.
Immune system in menopause
The immune system is what protects your body from harmful microorganisms or substances, such as bacteria, viruses and toxins.
When they attack you, your immune system goes on guard and produces cells and antibodies that attack and destroy these evil cells.
However, during menopause your defenses do not work the same as in previous years, because estrogens begin to decrease little by little, until they fall to their maximum.
Therefore, you could feel weaker, catch colds all the time, catch respiratory infections and have frequent fevers.
Statistics say that 90% of women at this stage suffer from:
- Infectious diseases.
- Frequent urinary infections.
- Urine infections and symptoms of urinary tract infection in women .
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Increased inflammation.
- Alteration of the intestinal bacterial flora, where more than 80% of the cells of the immune system are housed.
The good thing is that, from now on, you will learn how to avoid it. Take note!
How to improve your health in middle age
To strengthen your immune system during menopause, it will help you to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Here are some recommendations. You don't have to start all of them at once, to turn them into your life habits, include them little by little:
- Avoid ultra-processed foods, simple sugars, sugary drinks, processed flours, refined vegetable oils and fats, pastries, among others.
- A healthy, balanced and anti-inflammatory diet will do you wonders. Eat fresh and seasonal products such as green vegetables, nuts, tomatoes, garlic, take advantage of the benefits provided by red fruits , fatty fish, citrus fruits, avocado, olive oil and spices such as ginger, turmeric, oregano, cinnamon and cloves.
- Avoid smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Consume enough water; between 1.5 to 2 liters a day is ideal.
- Sunbathe daily to nourish yourself with vitamin D. 10 to 15 minutes is enough, better in the morning or afternoon when the sun is no longer as strong.
- Move around doing household chores, move around walking, move as much as you can. Don't stay in front of your computer, TV or cell phone.
- Exercise with aerobics, at least 30 minutes a day. It can be walking fast, running, cycling. Combine them with strength exercises to strengthen your muscles, at least 2 times a week.
- Get at least 8 hours of deep sleep
- Be happy, smile more, embrace life with a positive attitude. It has been proven that more optimistic people have a stronger immune system.
Supplements for the immune system during menopause
Thinking about the millions of women who want to improve their quality of life and have a bulletproof and disease-proof immune system, we developed some effective supplements to give you vitality, energy and keep your health in tune.
During menopause, digestion fails to extract all the nutrients you need to stay healthy. Therefore, you should consume extra vitamins and minerals.
This powerful multivitamin concentrates all the nutrients of 42 vegetables, fruits and superfoods. This guarantees you an optimal dose to strengthen your immune system in the climacteric.
But there is more. It contains a group of vegetables called cruciferous that promote the balance of estrogen levels , softening the symptoms of menopause.
Having healthy intestines and a balanced microbiota is too essential to keep your health as strong as an oak. And this probiotic supplement can help you a lot with that.
And it contains 30 billion good microorganisms that feed your good bacteria to strengthen your immune system and keep your digestive system healthy. Includes Bacillus subtilis DE111® to keep you healthy, active and fit.
Important: these tips do not replace a doctor's instructions. If illnesses and ailments are always present and reduce your quality of life, consult a specialist.
- Tags: Menopausia y hormonas