Why does the immune system weaken at menopause?
Do you notice that after turning 45 you didn't refrain from anything? Do you get sicker than when you were young? Do you live tired and so weak that you can't with your body?
You are not the only one. It happens to many women when the hormonal chaos of perimenopause and menopause hits.
But you don't have to fear. Although the immune system weakens during the climacteric, if you take action with the advice that you will find in this post, you will have a healthier and more energetic life.
Immune system in menopause
The immune system is what protects your body from harmful microorganisms or substances, such as bacteria, viruses, and toxins.
When they attack you, your immune system goes on guard and produces cells and antibodies that attack and destroy these evil cells.
However, in menopause your defenses do not work the same as in previous years, since estrogens begin to decrease little by little, until they drop to their maximum.
For this reason, you could feel weaker, catch a cold all the time, catch respiratory infections and have frequent fevers.
Statistics say that 90% of women in this stage suffer from:
- Infectious diseases.
- Frequent urinary infections.
- Urinary infections and symptoms of urinary infection in women .
- Autoimmune diseases.
- Increased inflammation.
- Alteration of the intestinal bacterial flora, where more than 80% of the cells of the immune system are housed.
The good thing is that, from now on, you will learn how to avoid it. Take note!
It will also help you read: 3 foods that help you take care of your immune system
How to improve your health in old age
To strengthen your immune system at menopause, it will help you adopt a healthy lifestyle.
Here some recommendations. You do not have to start all at once, to make them your life habits, include them little by little:
- Avoid ultra-processed foods, simple sugars, sugary drinks, processed flours, refined vegetable oils and fats, pastries, among others.
- A healthy, balanced and anti-inflammatory diet will do you wonders. Eat fresh and seasonal products such as green vegetables, nuts, tomato, garlic, take advantage of the benefits provided by red fruits , fatty fish, citrus fruits, avocado, olive oil and spices such as ginger, turmeric, oregano, cinnamon and cloves.
- Avoid smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Consume enough water; between 1.5 to 2 liters a day is ideal.
- Sunbathe daily to nourish yourself with vitamin D. 10 to 15 minutes is enough, better in the morning or afternoon when the sun is not so strong.
- Get around doing household chores, get around walking, get around as much as you can. Do not stay in front of your computer, TV or mobile.
- Exercise with aerobics, minimum 30 minutes a day. It can be walking fast, running, cycling. Combine them with strength exercises to strengthen your muscles, at least 2 times a week.
- Get at least 8 hours of deep sleep
- Be happy, smile more, embrace life with a positive attitude. It has been proven that the most optimistic people have a stronger immune system.
Supplements for the immune system during menopause
Thinking of the millions of women who want to improve their quality of life and have an immune system that is bulletproof and disease-proof, we have developed three effective supplements to give you vitality, energy and keep your health in tune.
Vitamin C - Ascorbic acid
This popular vitamin is your daily protective shield to avoid flu, colds, infections and more because it helps keep your defenses up.
1000mg of the purest ascorbic acid has been shown to be the ideal dose to keep you protected.
Since it has many antioxidants, it protects you against the damage of free radicals, avoiding the signs of aging, deterioration of the skin, bones, muscle pain, among other great benefits.
During menopause, digestion is unable to extract all the nutrients you need to stay healthy. Therefore, you must consume an extra vitamin and mineral.
This powerful multivitamin concentrates all the nutrients of 42 vegetables, fruits and superfoods. That guarantees you an optimal dose to strengthen your immune system in the climacteric.
But there is more. It contains a group of vegetables called cruciferous vegetables that promote the balance of estrogen levels , softening the symptoms of menopause.
Having healthy intestines and a balanced microbiota is too essential to keep your health as strong as an oak. And in that this probiotic supplement can help you a lot.
And it is that it contains 30 trillion good microorganisms that feed your good bacteria to strengthen your immune system and keep the digestive system healthy. Includes Bacillus subtilis DE111® to keep you healthy, active and fit.
Important: These tips do not replace the advice of a doctor. If diseases and discomforts are always present and reduce your quality of life, consult a specialist.
- Tags: Menopausia y hormonas