Protein for women is a great ally when fighting to keep a fit body and avoid flaccidity, whether after losing a few pounds, after a pregnancy, or as age increases.
Is there a specific type of protein for women? What are the best sources of this macronutrient? Will they really help me look the way I want? These are some of the questions that flutter in the heads of many.
If you are one of them, keep reading so that you can also discover if a protein supplement is right for you and which is the protein powder that produces the best results.
Protein for women, why is it right for you?
The great truth is that this macronutrient cannot be classified by sex, since the protein sources are the same for them.
And they can help you, as a woman, achieve your goals of shedding stubborn fat , while building firmer muscles.
According to a study published by the International Journal of Eating Disorders , when women do not complete their protein needs , they tend to have more cravings for sweet or salty snacks, such as chocolate, ice cream, pizza, etc.
And when that happens, our clothes start to get tight and we have a harder time zipping up. But there are other ways that protein helps you.
- Lose Weight: By eating less, you lose pounds and measurements.
- Accelerate metabolism: you “burn” more calories, even if you are at rest.
- Muscle recovery: help build and repair post-workout muscles.
- They renew and repair tissues: bones, skin, nails, blood vessels, etc.
- They help the immune system: they are involved in the formation of antibodies, hormones, enzymes, neurotransmitters and others.
- They increase your physical performance: giving you energy for the whole day.
- And many others.
It will also help you read: 10 answers from science that will destroy your fears of taking protein to lose weight
Where do I get the best sources of protein?
There are multiple alternatives in food to get quality protein:
of vegetable origin
- Legumes and derivatives: lentils, chickpeas, peas, beans, soybeans, tofu, tempeh, etc.
- Cereals: rice, wheat, corn, rye, quinoa, oats, amaranth and derivatives such as bread, pasta, wheat germ, polenta and flaked cereals, better if they are whole grain.
- Nuts: walnuts, almonds, peanuts (peanuts) and seeds such as chia, sesame, flax, etc.
- Mushrooms and seaweed to accompany stews, pastas, soups and salads.
Of animal origin
- Meats: beef, venison, lamb, salmon, chicken, beef and pork.
- Dairy: milk and its derivatives, yogurt (especially Greek), cheeses and whey protein.
- Eggs and shellfish.
Is it necessary to use a protein supplement?
Supporting yourself with protein supplements will do you good, especially if it is difficult for you to obtain the protein intake that is required for the day, only with food.
But it is very important that you pay attention to the quality of the supplement that you are going to buy. And if possible, go to a nutritionist to tell you the amount you need according to your goal.
So what is the best protein supplement?
Science has reaffirmed that whey protein is the highest quality protein, surpassing egg, chicken, fish, legumes and soy proteins.
Not surprisingly, at Evolution Advance we have two protein powder supplements that are the ones our customers love.
And it is that, they only saw results much faster in their weight, in their muscle tone and in the reduction of hunger and cravings.
But, in addition, they are creamy, their flavors are delicious and they contain digestive enzymes so that they fall like a feather.
Fit & Slim : protein to lose weight and keep it off
His specialty is to appease unbridled hunger and diet-ruining cravings with creamy smoothies and desserts that are a breeze to prepare.
It provides only 100 calories and includes a dietary fiber that helps you maintain satiety for more than three hours, while supporting your immune system and taking care of your muscle mass.
It comes in three mouth-watering flavors : Vanilla, Chocolate, and Coconut.
Fit&Strong : the protein that builds muscles for 7 hours
It is a new generation of protein powder to train like a champion and gain sexy muscles in less time. Low in sugar, fat and calories.
It is an optimized protein with all the essential amino acids and BCAA's so that you train intensely and achieve the firm body you want much faster.