Protein for women is a great ally when fighting to keep a body in shape and avoid flaccidity, whether after losing a few pounds, after pregnancy or when age increases.
Is there a specific type of protein for women? What are the best sources of this macronutrient? Will they really help me look the way I want? These are some of the questions that flutter in the minds of many.
If you are one of them, keep reading so you can also discover if a protein supplement is right for you and which protein powder gives the best results.
Protein for women, why is it good for you?
The great truth is that this macronutrient cannot be classified by sex, since the protein sources are the same for men and women.
And they can help you, as a woman, achieve your goals of eliminating stubborn fat , while achieving firmer muscles.
According to a study published by the International Journal of Eating Disorders , when women do not meet their protein needs , they tend to crave sweet or salty snacks more, such as chocolates, ice cream, pizza, etc.
And when that happens, our clothes start to feel tight and we have a harder time zipping up. But there are other ways protein helps you.
- Lose weight: By eating less, you lose pounds and measurements.
- Accelerate metabolism: you “burn” more calories, even if you are at rest.
- Muscle recovery: help build and repair post-workout muscles.
- They renew and repair tissues: bones, skin, nails, blood vessels, etc.
- They help the immune system: they are involved in the formation of antibodies, hormones, enzymes, neurotransmitters and others.
- They increase your physical performance: giving you energy for the whole day.
- And many others.
It will also help you to read: 10 answers from science that will destroy your fears of taking proteins to lose weight
Where do I get the best sources of protein?
There are multiple alternatives in food to obtain quality proteins:
Of plant origin
- Legumes and derivatives: lentils, chickpeas, peas, beans, soy, tofu, tempeh, etc.
- Cereals: rice, wheat, corn, rye, quinoa, oats, amaranth and derivatives such as bread, pasta, wheat germ, polenta and flaked cereals, preferably whole grains.
- Nuts: walnuts, almonds, peanuts and seeds such as chia, sesame, flax, etc.
- Mushrooms and seaweed to accompany stews, pastas, soups and salads.
Of animal origin
- Meats: beef, venison, lamb, salmon, chicken, beef and pork.
- Dairy: milk and its derivatives yogurt (especially Greek), cheeses and whey protein.
- Eggs and seashells.
Is it necessary to use a protein supplement?
Supporting yourself with protein supplements will do you good, especially if you find it difficult to obtain the daily protein intake required from food alone.
But it is very important that you pay attention to the quality of the supplement you are going to purchase. And if possible, see a nutritionist to tell you the amount you need according to your goal.
So what is the best protein supplement?
Science has reaffirmed that whey protein is the highest quality, surpassing egg, chicken, fish, legume and soy proteins.
Not in vain, at Evolution Advance we have two protein powder supplements that are loved by our clients.
And the thing is, they only saw results much faster in their weight, in their muscle toning and in the reduction of hunger and cravings.
But, in addition, they are creamy, their flavors are delicious and they contain digestive enzymes so that they fall like a feather.
Fit & Slim : protein to lose weight and keep it off
Their specialty is quenching extreme hunger and diet-ruining cravings with creamy shakes and desserts that are easy to prepare.
It provides only 100 calories and includes dietary fiber that helps you maintain satiety for more than three hours, while supporting your immune system and taking care of your muscle mass.
It comes in three mouth-watering flavors : vanilla, chocolate, and coconut.
Fit & Strong : the protein that builds muscle for 7 hours
It is a new generation of protein powder to train like a champion and gain sexy muscles in less time. Low in sugar, fat and calories.
It is an optimized protein with all the essential amino acids and BCAAs so that you train intensely and achieve the firm body you want much faster.