Discover how to transform your life by incorporating healthy habits into it
Habits are not our destiny. They can be changed, ignored or replaced. And today I want to talk to you about how to turn your life around, just by transforming your habits.
And today I want to start by telling you...
Laura is a very dear patient who showed up in my office one day because she was trying to change her lifestyle. She wanted to learn to follow healthy habits to improve her health and quality of life because for some time now she had gained weight and felt very tired all the time.
Identify what you want to change
The first thing I told Laura was that she had to identify for herself the habits she wanted to change. Thus, he told me that he wanted to give up the bad habit of not eating breakfast, of not exercising, of not drinking water, of always going to bed late, and also wanted to stop his addiction to soft drinks.
After telling me everything she wanted to change in her, she burst into tears and told me: "Klarita, but this is very difficult for me, no matter how hard I try, I fall back into the same old routine over and over again, to my original routine."
If it happens to you like Laura, it is important that you start...
Set specific, realistic goals, positive and in the present tense:
One of the things that I immediately detected in Laura's words is that she was wanting to make many changes at the same time in her life routine, she had stated everything in the negative and she was not being specific with what she wanted to achieve. So I recommended that you rethink a list of goals and make them as specific as possible and that we go one at a time, and not all at once, for example:
- Instead of saying "I must give up the bad habit of not having breakfast", it is better to say "I eat breakfast every day in a healthy way". See what sounds different?
Create your action plan
Now, in order to be more specific, we have to ask ourselves: What does it mean to have a healthy breakfast and create our action plan?
- Incorporate proteins such as eggs, turkey, chicken or tuna.
- Eat more vegetables like tomato, lettuce, pickles, alfalfa.
- Eliminate fried foods or bad fats and choose healthy fats such as avocado or olive oil.
- Reduce the consumption of sugar or simple carbohydrates and prefer complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat bread, cornmeal with fiber, cassava, sweet potato or sweet potato, among other complex carbohydrates.
It is even important in this case that you make a menu for each day, define the amounts and the time you will have breakfast daily. The idea is that you consider that new habit that you want to acquire in the most specific way possible.
And focus on the positive
If you want to change a habit, focus on the positive side of things. Don't think about how hard it will be to get up early to make breakfast. Think about how good you will feel leaving home with a good breakfast and the great benefits this will have for your health and your body. It really is different! Because in addition to being healthy, this small change in habit will help you see yourself much better in the mirror and will give you more energy to face your day.
In summary, to incorporate new healthy habits in our life it is necessary:
- Identify the new habit that we want to acquire.
- Finding our motivation… Our what for?
- Set specific, realistic goals, positive and in the present tense.
- Create our own Action Plan.
- Focus on the positive.
- Celebrate every achievement we reach.
By following these 6 simple steps to the letter, I am sure that you will be able to transform your life by incorporating healthy habits into it and you will also achieve any goal that you set for yourself.
Now I would love for you to tell me, if you were encouraged to transform habits today, what new healthy habit would it be and how do you think you could do it by following these 6 simple steps that I have just proposed?
Leave me your answer and your comments below. And remember: if you liked this video, give me a like, share it with your friends and subscribe to our channel so that you receive notifications of all the content that we are sharing to accompany you in your Evolution Lifestyle.
- Tags: Bajar de peso Buen Vivir Buenos hábitos de vida Dieta Estilo de Vida Evolution Estilo de vida saludable Hábitos Mente Sana Pérdida de peso Piensa positivo Salud Vida Vida Sana