Losing weight is one of the best decisions you can make. And having phrases in sight that remind you of your goal can help you a lot.
Not just because it will make you look phenomenal. You will also enjoy health, it will give you energy, focus, you will feel good about yourself and you will have many years of life.
And you may not notice it, but the most valuable thing will be the inner transformation that will occur in you when you decide to adopt a new mentality.
For this reason, we want to give you 99 phrases where you will find advice, recommendations, experiences and a lot of inspiration.
They are from doctors, nutritionists, coaches , athletes, writers and thinkers, from yesterday and today. We hope you enjoy them.
Phrases to help you adopt a new mentality
These phrases will teach you that to achieve any goal, the first step is not to take action, but to change your way of thinking.
- “ Let your food be your medicine, and your medicine your food. ” Hippocrates , Greek physician.
- “It's not the weight you lose, it's the life you gain.” Verónica de Bourg , Sports nutritionist. Obesity specialist.
- "It's not about losing weight, it's about being healthy first" Janet Garces RDN, LDN, MIEP.
- “When the typical phrase “we are what we eat” is said, it not only refers to the process of nutrition and health but also to our way of being and doing. I believe that, through food, we partly express who we are and our lifestyle and values are reflected in it.” Júlia Farré , dietitian – nutritionist.
- “Losing weight is not about controlling yourself, sacrificing yourself, or having willpower. “It’s about commitment and self-respect, motivation and self-love.” Patricia Guzmán , weight loss coaching specialist.
- “When we only think about weight all the time, it is the scale that decides our happiness.” Sophie Deram , nutritionist.
- “ There comes a time when it is necessary to abandon the used clothes that already have the shape of our body and forget the paths that always take us to the same places. It's time for the journey. And, if we do not dare to undertake it, we will always have remained outside of ourselves.” Fernando Pessoa , writer.
- “ Your diet and lifestyle lead you towards health or illness. “You have the power to choose which route you want to take.” Gabriela Lugo , health coach.
- “Treat your body like a temple and not like a garbage dump. Your body should be a good support system for your mind and spirit. If you take care of it enough, your body can take you wherever you want to go, with the power, strength, energy and vitality you will need to get there.” Jim Rohn , entrepreneur, author and motivational speaker.
- “I increasingly believe that food is essential to leading a healthy, balanced and happy life.” Agnés Ensesa , coach and mentor, expert in inner growth.
- “My body does not define me. “I define my body.” Fitness guide , sports advice, motivation and sports nutrition page.
- “Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder, but no one wants to lift heavy weights.” Ronnie Coleman , former bodybuilder.
- “A strong body begins with a strong mind.” Clara Divano , @cusifit physical trainer and nutritional coach.
- “Understand weight loss as a consequence and not only as a goal. It is a way to understand the process you are going to take to achieve what you want. Not everything is a number, there are many more things you can achieve by improving your lifestyle.” Lara Lombarte , nutritionist and dietitian.
Phrases so that healthy habits stay with you
Did you like each motivational phrase to lose weight? With the ones that come, you will discover why consolidating healthy habits is the ONLY way to transform yourself and maintain the changes over time.
- “It has to do with well-being and self-care and not with weight and shape.” Nutrional Coaching , group of experts in nutritional advice, nutritional coaching and sports nutrition.
- “Accepting and loving your body is not about letting go. You can transform it without hating it. Nor seeking the approval of others.” Victoria Lozada , nutritionist.
- “Trying to “maintain” a weight or state of perfect health through control and fear is possible, but it has a high cost and expiration date… The way to generate a sustainable change in your body is to start by knowing it and accepting it.” Gabriela Pacovi , nutritionist.
- “Move your body to take care of it, not to punish it because you ate something you're not allowed to.” Agustina Murcho , nutritionist and specialist in eating disorders.
- “Remember, your value in life is not predetermined by the number on the scale.” Victoria V , nutritionist.
- “The problem of being overweight is ignorance.” Frank Suarez , obesity and metabolism specialist.
- “Life is too short to forget the pleasure of eating. But, to live a long and healthy life it is essential to make smart choices most of the time.” Charlotte Markey , doctor and professor of psychology.
- “Exercise well performed strengthens the body and makes it agile and flexible; but it also clarifies the mind, provides internal balance and calms the spirit.” Marcos Chicot , writer.
- “Don't start a diet that will end one day. Start a lifestyle that lasts forever.” Eliana Jiménez , sports nutritionist.
- “Taking care of our body, food and thoughts is the first act of love towards ourselves.” Gigi Hidalgo , nutritionist and dietitian.
- "Tell me what you eat and I'll tell you who you are". Anthelme Brillat-Savarin , French jurist. He is the author of the first treatise on gastronomy (1825).
- “Keeping the body in good health is a duty; Otherwise, we will not be able to keep our minds strong and clear.” Buddha.
- “Health is a state of complete harmony of body, mind and spirit. When one is free from physical illnesses and mental distractions, the doors of the soul open.” BKS Iyengar , founder of Iyengar Yoga, one of the most important yoga teachers in the world.
- “The power of love to change bodies is legendary, embedded in folklore, common sense and everyday experience. Love moves the flesh, pushes matter. Throughout history, tender loving care has been uniformly recognized as a valuable element in healing.” Larry Dossey , physician.
- “We don't stop exercising because we get older, we get older because we stop exercising.” Kenneth Cooper , MD.
- “It is solitary exercise that supports the spirit and keeps the mind vigorous.” Marcus Aurelius , philosopher.
- “Your current weight and self-confidence should not be related.” Claudia López , sports nutritionist.
- “The first step to creating your lifestyle is to understand that no one can tell you how to live your life.” Jesús López , physical trainer.
- "Move on. “Exercise is a celebration of what your body can do, not a punishment for everything you’ve eaten.” Marcos Vázquez , fitness coach.
- “The way you think, the way you share yourself and the way you eat will influence your life for 30 to 50 years.” Deepaak Chopra , physician, writer and lecturer.
- “Change your mentality. Pose your goals in a different way. Instead of eliminating, prohibiting, restricting… think about adding, improving and increasing .” Mariam Gutiérrez , nutritionist.
- “To lose weight, the frequency, quantity and type of food is important.” Dr. Younan Nowzaradan , doctor specializing in obesity and bariatric surgeries.
- Losing weight is very easy. Staying at your ideal weight is a result of balance and balance.” Dr. Carlos Jaramillo , specialist in functional medicine.
- “Instead of controlling what you eat, listen to your body to know what it really needs.” Mentxu da Vinci , weight loss coach.
- “Health is a state of physical and mental well-being, it is not simply the absence of disease .” World Health Organization.
- “Movement is the medicine that creates physical, mental and emotional changes.” Carol Welch , emotional therapeutic counselor.
- “The treatment of obesity requires an interdisciplinary team. Dietician-nutritionist, personal trainer, endocrinologist and also health psychologist . Andrea Arroyo , dietitian – nutritionist. Psychonutrition specialist.
- “It's not losing weight, it's losing fat. The same person can have the same weight they had when starting a change and look completely different now. Don't look at the weight on a scale to see your progress.” Angélica Mafla , nutrition coach.
- “Weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. It's no use spending hours and hours in the gym each month if you don't take care of your diet." Guillermo Rodríguez , doctor in nutrition.
- “When the diet is incorrect, medicine is of no use. When the diet is correct, medicine is not necessary.” Ayurvedic proverb.
- “To lose fat, optimizing your body composition, it is not necessary to carry out dietary protocols that are far from your tastes, nor do you need to focus solely on diet. Every minute you take can bring you closer to your goal, enjoy every good decision, it is not a punishment, it is a gift you give yourself.” Paloma Quintana , dietitian and nutritionist.
- “Your body is the result of your lifestyle, that is, how you move it, how you take care of it and how you feed it.” Aliza Lifshitz , Doctor, specialist in internal medicine.
- “You have to choose a diet that you can continue with, that you feel comfortable with and that is not too strict to avoid.” Miquel Girones , nutritionist and nutrition coach.
- “The best thing we can do to lose weight is to stop counting calories and focus on how hungry we are. If you are not hungry, you do not need to eat and if you are satisfied there is no need to continue eating.” Georgie Fear, nutritionist.
- “ Exercise is great for being healthy (and we should practice it frequently), but eating well – and not too much – is what helps you lose weight.” Lorie Sousa , psychologist.
Recommendations in few, but powerful words
Here you will not only get a motivational phrase to lose weight. There are many that tell you what can help you lose weight.
- “Today, more than 95% of chronic diseases are caused by food, toxic ingredients, nutritional deficiencies and lack of physical exercise” Dr. Mike Adams , writer and author.
- "There is no single way to exercise, the important thing is that you stimulate muscle mass and increase heart rate, that will help you with your body composition and health, but you have to do something that you enjoy and maintain." Sascha Barboza , nutritional and fitness coach.
- “The human body has been designed to withstand an infinite amount of changes and attacks caused by its environment. The secret to good health lies in adjustment to the changing stresses of the body.” Joseph H. Johnson , exploring botanist.
- “By cleansing your body on a regular basis and removing as many toxins as possible from your environment, your body can begin to heal itself, prevent disease, and become stronger and more resilient than you ever dreamed! “. Dr. Edward Group III , Doctor of Chiropractic and Naturopathy, is also an herbal nutritionist.
- “It burns calories instead of storing them as fat in the body. “It helps maintain a healthy weight and reduces the risk of becoming overweight or obese.” María Triguez García , doctor.
- “If you keep healthy food in your refrigerator, you will eat healthy food.” Errick McAdams, personal trainer.
- “Eating healthy food is the simplest way to get rid of excess weight and become healthy and slim forever.” Subodh Gupta , artist
- “Achieve your goals with real food, nourishing yourself and without going hungry.” Gabriela Uriarte , nutritionist and dietician.
- “Prioritize weight training and progressing in loads little by little will do much more for your body composition than hours of endless cardio. Be stronger, you will be surprised what you can achieve.” Alberto Álvarez , trainer, simplifies nutrition, fitness and the mindset to live better.
- “The first step to losing weight should be to gain muscle mass .” Adrián Castillo , physiatrist.
- “Intermittent fasting is better than calorie restriction, both for weight loss and a healthy metabolism.” Dr. Jason Fung , nephrologist.
- “Taking care of yourself is not changing yourself, you can eat a dessert, but yes, knowing what and how to eat.” Dr. Salomón Jakubowicz , endocrinologist and author of scientific publications in famous medical journals.
- “The important thing is not that number that marks the scale but, your body composition and more precisely, your body fat percentage.” Daniela Lopilato , nutritionist.
- “Food is the key to everything. If you eat poorly and train for 4 hours, your health and performance will not improve; However, if you do not train, but follow correct dietary guidelines, your health will improve and your physical condition will also improve.” Endika Montiel , physical trainer and nutritionist.
- “Dieting to lose weight does not have to involve going hungry, because when you go hungry in most cases it is an indication that your muscle mass is losing.” Ángela Quintas , dietician and nutritionist.
- “When they give their opinion about your physique and what you eat, ignore them like you do YouTube ads.” Stefy Fernández , nutritionist.
- “Diets don't work. If you want to change your life, your weight or your health, you have to start by changing your habits.” Estefanía Beltrani , nutritionist.
- "Discipline, consistency and not procrastinating are the secret to changing healthy habits. Studies show that consolidating a healthy habit requires approximately 66 days, but returning to bad habits takes only 3 days." Dr. Maitee Forgione Guilarte , pharmacist, food science specialist.
- To lose weight you have to change your habits: eat an adequate and scientifically proven diet, do a program of physical activity and continuous exercise.” Prof. Ángel Gil , professor of preventive medicine and public health.
- “The faster you change, the fewer options you have to maintain the change. And you should not change behaviors, but habits. That requires time and slow cooking. Hence, the slower I learn, the faster I evolve.” Pep Marí , psychologist.
- “I think that the most effective formula to transform your life is by generating a profound and progressive change in your daily eating habits.” Mariana Acuafresca , nutritionist and naturopath.
- Anyone can convince themselves to go to the gym or eat healthy once or twice, but if you don't change the system behind your behavior, it will be very difficult to commit to long-term habits. Your behaviors are usually a reflection of your identity.” James Clear , writer specializing in building better habits.
- “And, although it may seem crazy, the scale is not an impartial judge when it comes to losing weight. On the contrary, it can lie, overwhelm and even frustrate any intention to change to good habits.” Sergio Espinar , sports nutritionist.
- “Be strong enough to do what you have to do for yourself.” Alejandra Rivero , nutritionist and dietician.
- “Our bodies are our gardens, our decisions our gardeners.” William Shakespeare , playwright.
- “Focus on changing just one habit each week. This will get you closer to your weight loss goal. Remember that changes take time. Many of our current habits have been forming over the years, so be patient and kind to yourself.” Heather Robertson , health coach
- “Train every day as if your life depended on it.” Rafael Nadal , tennis player.
- “Learn to take small actions daily that, even imperceptibly, bring you a little closer to the results you want to achieve.” Giuseppe Fornaciari , football player.
- “When it comes to eating well and exercising, there is no such thing: I'm going to start tomorrow. Tomorrow it will be a disease .” VL Allineare , writer.
- “The only way to stay healthy is to eat what you don't want, drink what you don't like, and do what you would rather not do.” Mark Twain , writer and speaker.
- “Part-time commitment also yields partial results.” Robin Sharma , author and leadership and personal development expert.
- “The most difficult thing about exercise is to start doing it. Once you're doing it regularly, the hardest thing is to stop doing it.” Erin Gray , actress.
- “You don't have to be fit to start, but you have to start to be fit.” José Fernández , nutritionist and trainer
- “Think of your workouts as meetings you've scheduled with yourself. “A good boss never cancels.” Alberto RJ , coach.
Phrases to motivate you to the fullest until the end
Do you want to stay until the end? These phrases will increase your motivation to 100%
- “You have all the power to put aside what hurts you and start over from now on.” Samar Yorde , doctor, health coach and CEO of @Soysaludable.
- “Don't say: it's impossible. Say: I haven’t done it yet.” Japanese proverb.
- “Your body is a burden that you must carry throughout your life. The more excess this cargo has, the shorter its trip will be.” Arnold H. Glasgow , editor, thinker and writer.
- “It doesn't matter who you are, your past or where you come from. The ability to succeed starts with you. You become what you believe. Have the courage to change your story so you can live your dreams.” Idalis Velezco , physical trainer.
- “Don't wait to do things, your tastes change, your situation changes, your opportunities change. You change". Oriana Velasco , health coach.
- “What you deny subdues you, what you accept transforms you.” Carl Jung , psychiatrist and psychologist.
- “Anything worth working for is worth working for.” Dale Carnegie , writer of human relations and effective communication.
- “True enjoyment comes from the activity of the mind and the exercise of the body; The two are always united.” Wilhelm von Humboldt , educator.
- “If you feel bored, discouraged, try to commit to something valuable, something that you are truly passionate about.” Martha Sialer , psychologist.
- “Most likely, you will begin to admire your body and enjoy it, appreciate its texture, its shape and its color; In front of the mirror, tell him how much you love him and respect him for enduring so much abuse, so many blows, so much poor nutrition, so many sleepless nights, your carelessness towards your person and body, and if there is something that you don't like and it is in your hands to change it, then do it". Christina Lima , bioregulator and specialist in cellular clinical nutrition.
- “Whoever loves you well will make you sweat.” Crys Dyaz , coach.
- “The higher your energy level, the more efficient your body is. The more efficient your body is, the better you feel and, therefore, you will be able to use your talents to produce incredible results.” Carlos Castillo , coach.
- “Change the word try to do… and you will see how you are capable of anything.” Karla Concha, nutritionist and blogger.
- “Focus on moving forward regardless of the size of the steps.” Yael Kritzer , nutritionist.
- “Taking care of your body is a way to respect yourself.” Patricia Ramírez , psychologist.
If we could concentrate in a few words so much wisdom that these phrases bring, it could be that a healthy lifestyle helps you be physically stronger and mentally indestructible to achieve any goal.
And specifically about weight, don't worry about the number on the scale. Remember that it is a slow process, but if it is done well, it is safe.
Feel good about yourself, think more positively, eat a balanced diet, exercise, rest and have fun during the process.
In the end, you will have acquired good habits that will prevent you from diseases and improve your quality of life.
Would you like to share with us your favorite phrase?