Tricks to eat vegetables and fruits, if you do not like them
We all know that vegetables and fruits are essential for health. But many find it difficult to eat them, simply because they don't like them or they haven't gotten used to their palate.
If it happens to you, you are not the only one: 9 out of 10 people do not eat enough vegetables and fruits, preferring a dish with more tasty and appetizing ultra-processed foods, right?
Thinking about "how to eat vegetables if I don't like them"? C alma, there are tricks to include this food group in your daily diet and take advantage of all its nutrients.
Reasons to eat vegetables and fruits
The World Health Organization recommends consuming vegetables and fruits, at least, 400 g per day to have a healthy diet and prevent the development of diseases.
Although new research suggests increasing consumption to 10 servings , due to the amount of benefits they bring to the body.
The truth is that this group of foods contains many important nutrients for different bodily processes and functions:
- They are a source of essential vitamins and minerals to strengthen all cells, organs and systems of the body.
- They help you obtain antioxidants, which are essential to prevent damage caused by free radicals, preventing premature aging of cells.
- They give you energy and vitality to carry out your daily activities
- It significantly reduces the risk of developing chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and prevents cardiovascular accidents.
- Due to its high fiber, vitamins, minerals and enzymes content, they are essential to regulate intestinal transit.
- They fill you up, so you can prevent eating anxiety attacks.
How to start eating vegetables and fruits, if you don't like them
Experts believe that it is not difficult to get used to the flavors of vegetables and fruits. It's just a matter of time and understanding that, in the long run, they will really do your body a lot of good.
So stop thinking how to eat vegetables if you don't like them.
Including vegetables in your favorite recipes will increase your consumption and decrease your total daily calorie intake. If you camouflage your vegetables and fruits with other foods, you will start eating them without realizing it.
Here some tricks:
- Add vegetables to your pasta sauces.
- When you make mashed potatoes, also add some cauliflower.
- Put baby spinach in your fruit smoothies.
- Add processed pumpkin to your pancake mix or oatmeal.
- Decorate your pizzas with vegetables such as mushrooms, onion and paprika.
- Combine your traditional spaghetti with zucchini spaghetti.
- Make eggplant lasagna.
- Add chopped mushrooms or carrots to your homemade burgers; or go for the veggie bean or soy burgers.
- Prepare soups and vegetable creams.
- Try them on the grill.
- A trick that never fails is to add cheese and gratin them.
- Season them with herbs and spices
Lean on food supplements
Being a fan of vegetables and fruits is a process that is not achieved overnight.
For this reason, a diversity of food supplements have been created to obtain the essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants for the proper functioning of your body.
Some are powdered to dilute in water, juices and creams. The difficulty with this option is that they add an unpleasant earthy flavor.
The Evolution Advance option is called Vitality Greens , a tablet option that saves you time, money, and pushes you to peak performance.
Combine 42 vegetables, fruits and superfoods. In addition, it includes a probiotic that inhibits the growth of bad bacteria and two fibers that improve intestinal transit, balance the bacterial flora and, among other things, increase satiety.
Of course, it will also help you increase your energy, strengthen your immune system, prevent stomach bloating and premature aging, thanks to its contribution of 13 vitamins and 9 indispensable and essential minerals for the proper functioning of your body.