We all know that vegetables and fruits are essential for health. But many find it difficult to eat them, simply because they do not like them or their palate is not accustomed to them.
If this happens to you, you are not the only one: 9 out of 10 people do not eat enough vegetables and fruits, preferring a dish with more tasty and appetizing ultra-processed foods, right?
Thinking about "how to eat vegetables if I don't like them"? C alma, there are tricks to include this group of foods in your daily diet and take advantage of all its nutrients.
Reasons to eat vegetables and fruits
The World Health Organization recommends consuming vegetables and fruits at least 400 g daily to maintain a healthy diet and prevent the development of diseases.
Although new research suggests increasing consumption to 10 servings , due to the amount of benefits they bring to the body.
The truth is that this group of foods contains many important nutrients for different bodily processes and functions:
- They are a source of essential vitamins and minerals to strengthen all cells, organs and systems of the body.
- They help you obtain antioxidants, which are essential to prevent damage caused by free radicals, preventing premature aging of cells.
- They give you energy and vitality to carry out your daily activities
- It significantly reduces the risk of developing chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and prevents cardiovascular accidents.
- Due to their high content of fiber, vitamins, minerals and enzymes, they are essential to regulate intestinal transit.
- They fill you up, which is why you can prevent anxiety attacks from eating.
How to start eating vegetables and fruits, if you don't like them
Experts believe that it is not difficult to get used to the flavors of vegetables and fruits. It's just a matter of time and understanding that, in the long term, they will really do your body a lot of good.
So stop thinking about how to eat vegetables if you don't like them.
Including vegetables in your favorite recipes will increase your consumption and decrease your total daily calorie consumption. If you camouflage your vegetables and fruits with other foods, you will start eating them without realizing it.
Here are some tricks:
- Add vegetables to your pasta sauces.
- When you make mashed potatoes, add some cauliflower too.
- Put baby spinach in your fruit smoothies.
- Add processed pumpkin to your pancake mix or oatmeal.
- Decorate your pizzas with vegetables such as mushrooms, onion and paprika.
- Combine your traditional spaghetti with zucchini spaghetti.
- Make eggplant lasagna.
- Add chopped mushrooms or carrots to your homemade burgers; or go for the vegetarian bean or soy burgers.
- Prepare soups and vegetable creams.
- Try them grilled.
- A trick that never fails is to add cheese and gratinate them.
- Season them with herbs and spices
Lean on dietary supplements
Being a fan of vegetables and fruits is a process that is not achieved overnight.
For this reason, a variety of food supplements have been created to obtain the vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that are essential for the proper functioning of your body.
Some are powdered to dilute in water, juices and creams. The difficulty with this option is that they add an unpleasant earthy flavor.
The Evolution Advance option is called Vitality Greens , a tablet option that saves you time, money, and pushes you to reach your peak performance.
Combine 42 vegetables, fruits and superfoods. In addition, it includes a probiotic that inhibits the growth of bad bacteria and two fibers that improve intestinal transit, balance the bacterial flora and, among other things, increase satiety.
Of course, it will also help you increase your energy, strengthen your immune system, avoid stomach bloating and premature aging, thanks to its contribution of 13 vitamins and 9 essential and essential minerals for the proper functioning of your body.