How stress and poor sleep affect the immune system
Have you noticed that you catch a cold especially when stress and poor sleep overwhelm you? It is not bad luck that you get sick just when you are overwhelmed with urgent work, dealing with problems, distressed about your finances, etc. It is that your immune system succumbs when you accumulate weeks or months of stress and nights tossing and turning.
If you don't break that vicious cycle of stress-bad sleep, bad sleep-stress, your health will be less and less protected against external enemies... Here I will tell you how to deal with it.
What is the immune system?
The immune or immune system is a complex network of cells, tissues, and organs that defend the body primarily from disease-causing microorganisms, such as bacteria, viruses, parasites, and fungi.
They include the bone marrow, spleen, thymus gland, tonsils, mucous membranes, lymphatic vessels, lymph nodes, and skin.
When we get stressed or sleep poorly, it gradually deteriorates, producing symptoms such as:
- Recurrent infections (colds, bronchitis, sinusitis, diarrhea, etc.).
- Appearance of herpes simplex that recurs.
- Difficult to manage warts
- Onset of Herpes Zoster , a viral infection that causes a painful rash.
- Inadequate response to vaccines.
- Appearance of oral or esophageal fungi (candidiasis).
11 tips to manage stress and poor sleep
To stay healthy physically, mentally, and spiritually, you must learn to handle situations that cause you stress, poor sleep, and affect your immune system.
Avoid stress with these actions
- Modify your negative thoughts by changing the way you approach situations that you perceive as threatening and ask yourself:
- Is it really a threat?
- Can I control that situation and change it somehow?
- Out of my control?
- Enjoy activities that allow you to free yourself from stress such as listening to music, spending time with friends and family, doing crafts that you like, and devoting time to your favorite hobby.
- Practice relaxation techniques such as diaphragmatic breathing, meditation, and yoga.
- Do one thing at a time, the human brain is not prepared to focus on several things at the same time and instead of saving you time it stresses you out.
- Practicing a sport increases oxygenation and generates endorphins, increasing the feeling of well-being.
- Do not demand yourself, discriminate the essential activities from those that you can postpone and, if necessary, learn to say I CAN'T DO IT now.
- Learn to delegate and ask for help.
- Socialize and share with your loved ones to show and receive affection, even if it is virtually. Find spaces to laugh.
- Eat a healthy, balanced and varied diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, vegetable and animal proteins, and healthy fats. That's the best way to get all the essential nutrients for good health and normal immune function.
Take care of your sleep to strengthen your immune system
To break the negative cycle stress and bad sleep-bad sleep and stress, you need to sleep at least 7 hours straight. To achieve this you must:
- Get TVs, computers, and smartphones out of your bedroom.
- Darken your room by using curtains on the windows.
- Reduce noise.
- Make yourself comfortable and try to make your bed comfortable.
- Make the room temperature cool.
- Do not drink coffee before bed.
- Two hours before sleeping do not see the cell phone or social networks.
- Try to solve your worries, concerns or problems before going to sleep. Don't take them to bed.
Help yourself with natural dietary supplements that promote relaxation, good sleep and, therefore, help you control stress.
Fat Burner Nite Time and Sleep from Evolution Advance contain effective and safe ingredients to achieve good sleep in quantity and quality, without sedation effect the next day.