Tips to avoid flab while losing weight
You finally managed to lose a few pounds! You went shopping happy to buy the smallest and sexiest clothes that you dreamed of for a while.
But now you have a new challenge: tighten the skin that has become loose while losing weight.
The good news is that losing weight and avoiding flab can go hand in hand.
So, if you've already lost weight and feel "watered down" or are going to start a weight loss plan, practice these solutions to feel satisfied with the new version of your body.
9 tips to avoid flaccidity while losing weight
1. Avoid restrictive or fast diets
Restrictive or “flash” diets are a trigger for flaccidity. Because while they make you lose fat, you also lose the muscle mass that prevents your skin from sagging.
And when you finish this type of diet, there is a great possibility that you will recover the kilos that you lost quickly (rebound effect). That "pull and shrink" of your skin makes it more flaccid.
A study from the specialized scientific research portal exemine.com also warns that caloric restriction carries other risks, including fatigue, dizziness, hair loss and bone loss.
To lose weight without flab , it is best to have a balanced diet in small portions to lose about half a kg per week.
2. Exercise to firm the skin
Sagging is not just a matter of skin. If you do not take care of your muscle mass, it will be difficult for you to have a compact body.
Exercises with weights or resistance are your best option, since they make you gain muscle and strengthen specific areas of the body.
You can exercise in a gym to lift weights, at home with equipment such as rubber bands, pots filled with water or sand, climb stairs, and more. The important thing is that you demand a little more from your body every day.
3. Consume adequate protein
To avoid flaccidity you must eat all the macronutrients, but especially protein. And it is that it is the only one that restores the muscle tissues and the skin that you need to reaffirm.
You can get protein from different sources:
- Animal: meat, fish and shellfish, eggs, milk and dairy products.
- Vegetable: legumes, whole grains, nuts, seeds and soy products.
- Protein supplements: They give you a good dose of quality protein and the essential amino acids for building muscles.
How to calculate how much protein I should consume ? Calculate 0.8g of protein per kilo of your body weight, and if you exercise, increase it to 1.2g. How do you know how much that is? For example, 100 g of chicken or fish is about 20 g of protein.
4. Drink water for flaccid skin
Say goodbye to sodas and sugary juices. Nothing like drinking water to repair your skin and make it look firm and elastic.
Plus, it keeps your muscles strong and that's great for avoiding flab.
Consume at least two liters a day . And if, no matter how hard you try, you can't tolerate that much water a day, drink herbal teas, ice creams, or water-based fruit juices, without adding sugar.
5. Cold water baths to avoid sagging
Brrrrr… cold showers are for the brave, but how they help to firm the skin!
Cold water has a tightening and firming effect , in addition, it improves blood circulation.
It is ideal that you shower only with cold water. But if it's too hard for you, alternate lukewarm water and cold water.
6. Eat foods to promote collagen and elastin
Collagen and elastin are two proteins that give skin strength and flexibility. Therefore, its consumption will be great for you.
There are many products and supplements. However, you can get them in your diet:
- Broths: prepare them from red meat bones, chicken feet, pig's feet, fish bones or head.
- Gelatin: Gelatin is 90% collagen. But avoid the ones that are full of sugar; prepare the unflavored version and add fruits if you like.
- Meats: Lean meats such as chicken, turkey, fish, and rabbit are ideal. And if you like red meat, eat it, but don't overdo it.
- Fruits and vegetables: those that contain vitamin C, such as lemon, orange and kiwi. And those with red pigmentation like tomatoes, watermelon, blood orange, pink grapefruit and guava.
7. Do not overdo it with the sun
If you are a fan of exposing yourself to the sun's rays, we have bad news. It is one of the worst enemies of flaccidity if you do it excessively.
And it is that the sun affects the collagen fibers and makes your skin lose firmness and hydration.
If you sunbathe, do it for 15 minutes early in the morning or late in the afternoon.
8. Continuously exfoliate your skin
It is one of the most effective methods to keep skin in perfect condition.
With this practice you will eliminate toxins that damage your skin and improve your circulation.
In addition, your skin will have extra oxygen and its ability to restore itself will improve.
9. Reduce the consumption of alcoholic beverages and tobacco
In addition to many health problems, it turns out that tobacco and alcohol are number one enemies of skin tone and care.
This happens because they are potentially oxidizing, which accelerates the normal aging process and hinders the repair of skin cells.
Ready to avoid flab while reaching the weight you want?