Follow these tips to avoid gaining weight during the Christmas holidays
The year is about to end! Which means that the Christmas holidays are near and you must set yourself a comprehensive strategy to avoid gaining weight.
On these dates, the consumption of food and drinks is so excessive that many gain between 500 grams and 3 kilos, according to a study published by the New England Journal of Medicine.
Avoid being one of them with the advice that I am going to give you. You must apply them before, during and after the celebrations to give you results.
Why control yourself so as not to gain weight on these dates?
Officially the festivities begin with Thanksgiving, a holiday that is celebrated every year in the United States and other countries.
From that moment on, many people find it more and more difficult to maintain adequate control in their healthy lifestyle, which has the negative consequence of weight and fat gain.
They also have a hard time getting rid of the newly acquired pounds. And those who do, can take between 6 and 8 months to return to their usual weight.
When December arrives, celebrations begin to abound: work lunches to celebrate a year of achievements, meetings with friends and sharing with family, when you always end up eating too much.
And while it's important to enjoy seasonal foods and beverages, you should do so in moderation to prevent weight gain.
Tips that you should apply before, during and after the Christmas celebrations
When the season of December celebrations is about to arrive, you always think about:
- What am I going to do on Christmas Eve?
- How am I going to dress on New Year's Eve?
- Who am I going to be with?
But many do not stop at what to do before the holidays to enjoy more with friends and family, without the remorse of overeating.
According to a study published by Harvard University , people do not gain weight if they apply a method of control, moderation and awareness about food intake, weight records and physical activity. Also, if they try to eat healthy.
To achieve this, put these recommendations into practice:
- Set yourself some resolutions in December: it's a good month to start running, go to the gym, attend a functional training group, or sign up for a race. If you start your resolution to improve your health, it will be easier to start the year full of vitality and without extra kilos.
- Have healthy initiatives: At dinners with friends and family, choose healthy options. When you have to prepare something, bring a rich salad or another low-calorie option.
- Make a healthy market: a healthy pantry will help you avoid express food or the typical reheated food for 3 days.
- Buy yourself a scale: one of the problems on these dates is that you get out of control and you don't know how much weight you are gaining. Weigh yourself twice a week to keep track. It will remind you to continue with the exercise and not fall into excesses.
- Think of 5 goals for the next year: if one of them is to lose weight, you should start now, avoiding large portions and doing a little exercise.
- Prepare your outfit : look ahead for the clothes you want to wear at Christmas and New Year. Think about how well it will fit you at the time and so you will take actions in favor of your figure.
Helpful tips to avoid gaining weight during the holidays
Maintaining the ideal weight during this time of year is not impossible, if you follow the following tips to take care of yourself without leaving aside the celebration, snacks and family gatherings.
If you want to have a super healthy menu on your table this year, I invite you to read the post Fitness Christmas Menu so you don't go off your diet.
Lose weight after the holidays with these tips:
Despite taking care of yourself during the holidays, did you gain some weight? Do not stress. Remember that stress raises the hormone cortisol which stimulates the body to store fat.
Therefore, it is important to remain calm and recover your habits.
Start working physically, emotionally and mentally to lose weight, always in a healthy way, with perseverance and discipline.
- Do not stop eating: that would mean losing weight temporarily due to fluid loss. In addition, you will lack energy and will probably finish the diet with a binge. Try to eat all the daily meals, it will help you to be constant in the diet.
- Include fruits and vegetables in your diet again: they will help you reduce calories, thanks to their great contribution of fiber and, in addition, they have a very high content of vitamins and minerals that will do you a lot of good.
- Regain control: record what you eat, resume schedules and planning. Yes, it will cost, but it is very effective.
- Do not deny yourself anything in your diet: just control the amount and type of product. For example, consume sugar-free drinks, fruit-based desserts, among others. These help to eliminate excess weight more easily.
- Consume water again : your skin will thank you. It has no calories, it will help you eliminate fat and it has the effect of satiety.
- Start doing some exercise: you not only need to lose a few pounds after Christmas, but also get your joints and muscles back to shape and tone.
- One step at a time: Start small for best results. This way you will have a better chance of achieving your goal and not giving up.
It is very important to prevent and control what you eat at Christmas parties to avoid gaining weight.
If you follow these tips, I'm sure you'll enjoy it and lose those extra pounds.
Are you willing to follow the advice that we offer you in Evolution Advance ?