How to have mental discipline to improve your quality of life and be happier is quite a challenge; especially because you must prevent impulses or emotions from dictating your decisions.
For this, it is good to do small actions until you reach your goal, because if you try to do them all at once, you can frustrate your results.
But don't worry, once you take the initiative, there will be no turning back. In this post you will find a guide to start having discipline and take control of your life.
If you want to have mental discipline, start here
- Plan in advance: to have discipline, it is a good idea to create a weekly and/or monthly schedule that allows you to write down everything related to your goals. The more detailed it is, the easier it will be to have discipline when it comes to fulfilling it, so you will have an idea of what you are going to do.
Additionally, a plan will help you have the mindset and self-control necessary for each situation. You will also save energy by not having to make a sudden decision based on your emotional state.
- Set clear goals: To have mental discipline, you must have a clear vision of what you hope to achieve. After all, if you don't know where you are going you will have a hard time achieving your habits.
It's easy for you to lose your way or get sidetracked. For this reason, committing to your goals will help you achieve your goals much faster. And you will feel amazing when you are true to your word.
There are many examples of discipline, look at these:
- Put your goals where you can see them every day – writing down a goal makes it even more real. Hang it somewhere you'll see it often and get inspired.
Write the goal in your annual planner, put it on your calendar, and review it frequently. You can also set reminders on your phone.
So that you have all the energy to meet those goals you set for yourself, I recommend trying Vitality Greens , a supplement that will fill your life with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. You can also try the Active Life combo with which you will have energy, health and focus every day
- Be kind to yourself: Don't be scared or ashamed of your goals; rather, be happy, positive and learn to maintain discipline.
- Count down, then take action: When you're unmotivated , count backwards from ten to one, then force yourself to do whatever you're doing.
A quick countdown can help you get into the right headspace to motivate yourself. Sometimes all you need for discipline is a little push to take the next step.
- Assign priorities: Decide which tasks are worth putting more effort into, and then organize your day to go all-in on them. This way, you will be less likely to postpone the actions that cost you the most.
Put activities you don't necessarily love at the top of your priorities. You will feel relieved when they are finished instead of putting them off another day.
For example: if it is more difficult for you to do exercises, plan to do them in the morning and get out of it. If you find it difficult to do a meditation, put it in your first to-do list in the morning.
- Know your weaknesses – then proactively combat them, determine when you might slip up and how you can prevent it from happening. Eliminating the biggest temptations from your environment will also help you have discipline.
When you face temptations that you know prevent you from having discipline, tell them NO! You have the tools to fight your own demons. You just need to hunt them down.
- Practice every day : We are not born with self-discipline ; It is a behavior that you must learn. Therefore, it requires daily practice and repetition.
Having discipline should become habitual, but it requires effort and concentration so that it is not exhausting. Put more effort into controlling your willpower and with practice, you will be able to push the limits of your comfort zone every day.
- Create new habits: Having discipline and working to instill a new habit can be overwhelming at first.
To avoid feeling intimidated, keep it simple. Break your goal into small, doable steps. Instead of trying to change everything at once, focus on doing one thing consistently and achieve self-discipline with that goal in mind.
- Forgive yourself and move on: Even with all your best intentions and well-laid plans, sometimes you fall short. You will have ups and downs, great successes and failures. The key is to keep going.
Don't let yourself get caught up in guilt, anger, or frustration, because these emotions will only drag you down further and impede your progress.
- Reward yourself: plan a reward for when you achieve your goals; Give yourself something that excites you.
There are many examples of people with discipline. If they can, you can also.
Just like when you were a child and received a gift for good behavior, expecting a reward gives you the motivation to have discipline and achieve success.
What else would you like to know to have discipline? Comment us.