My experience: foods that help you sweat and eliminate toxins
Once again, I am here to teach you from my personal experience how food and supplements can help in the process of eliminating toxins. Here I am not going to diagnose or treat, I will only give some recommendations that you can verify with your trusted doctor.
If there is one thing about the body, it is that it is resistant and, when it comes to detoxifying, it activates the digestive tract, liver, kidneys and skin to eliminate toxins naturally through urine, feces or sweat .
If you read my post Why detoxification is important to maintain the figure, my experience , the information that I will share here, will help you put the pieces together.
Would you like to know how to eliminate toxins? I invite you to keep reading.
Phytonutrients are key to eliminating toxins
Phytonutrients are organic components that plants produce to stimulate their own growth and protect themselves. But, in addition, they contribute to improving human health.
They are a good source of detoxification, if you include them in your diet as follows:
- Eat between 6 and 10 servings a day of vegetables and fruits.
- Try to consume them in all colors: red, green, purple, yellow and orange.
- Try to eat seasonal products. This way they will be less likely to have preservatives and chemicals that poison your body.
If you are not a fan of vegetables and fruits, or do not eat the required daily amount, you can rely on supplementation.
At Evolution Advance we have Vitality Green's , a very convenient and easy to consume tablet solution that offers you the benefits of this food group.
Fiber helps detox
They support waste removal and colon cleansing. These help you with intestinal regularity and fecal volume. They also act like a sponge in the intestines, managing to eliminate toxins.
The key is to have a bowel movement at least once a day to flush out any toxins that get in the way.
They free the colon of "debris" so you can eliminate toxins attached to the intestinal wall. In addition, it favors the toning of the stomach and pelvic muscles, creating resistance and promoting peristalsis (series of muscular contractions that transport food to the different processing stations of the digestive tract).
In order to eliminate toxins properly you must make sure you have a good digestive system. Remember that it is a way for your body to get rid of toxins; Try to have a bowel movement at least once a day.
Be sure to drink plenty of water and sweat, as this helps ease your stride and eliminate toxins more easily.
I recommend that you try Happy Colon from Evolution Advance so that your visits to the bathroom are more frequent and pleasant.
Diet to eliminate toxins
Fighting toxicity helps reduce inflammation, leading to a less heavy toxic load.
An anti-inflammatory diet includes:
- 100% organic seafood.
- Vegetable foods rich in fatty acids.
- Omega-3s that include flax and chia seeds.
- Non-starchy vegetables.
- Spices, including turmeric.
- It incorporates anti-inflammatory nutrients such as fish oil, krill oil, and resveratrol, an antioxidant found especially in the skin of red grapes, currants, blackberries, and peanuts.
Plenty of research shows that whole foods help detoxify you, through a number of pathways. And along with quality protein and fat, they create an optimal eating plan to flush out toxins and support weight loss.
For that, choose organic plant foods and foods of animal origin from
the highest quality whenever possible.
What did my diet consist of?
My diet was mostly fiber, which helps reduce chronic inflammation that has been linked to heart disease, diabetes, and cancer.
I also loaded my plates with foods rich in antioxidants that support the body's ability to fight toxins.
Sulfur-rich foods, such as:
Cruciferous vegetables, such as:
- Brussels sprouts.
Of note, a 2014 study revealed that women who ate the most cruciferous vegetables had substantially less inflammation than those who ate the least.
My advice is to always choose the highest quality animal and organic plant foods whenever possible.
Steps to facilitate your detoxification
I will recommend a series of actions that will facilitate the detoxification process:
- You need organic foods like: protein, fat and even some (unprocessed) carbs. I suggest you buy and eat seasonal products to avoid preservatives and chemicals.
- You need unprocessed whole foods (grains, nuts, seeds) in your diet.
- You should eat a high mix of vegetables and fruits weekly (raw and cooked).
- Commit to drinking 2 liters of water a day.
- Take herbal teas (daily green tea helps sweat and eliminate toxins).
- Consume certain herbs such as: psyllium seed, licorice root, yucca root, milk thistle seed, and gentian.
- The best! Dark chocolate is a superfood to get rid of toxins. But don't overdo it.
3 easy recipes that will help you eliminate toxins
1.- Ginger, berry and orange smoothie
This smoothie, or a variation of it, is what I make most often at home for breakfast or a snack. Sometimes I use tangerines instead of the oranges.
If the oranges have a lot of seeds, you can easily remove them by cutting them in half after peeling them and removing them with the help of the tip of a knife.
- 3 cups of water.
- 1⁄2 to 1 bunch collard greens.
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen cherries
- 2 small peeled oranges
- 1 (2-inch) piece of fresh ginger
Add all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately and store leftovers in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Yield: about 7 cups.
2.- Green pineapple smoothie
If you're just getting used to green smoothies, this recipe is a great way to start. They all adore him.
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple peeled.
- 1 small avocado, pitted and peeled.
- 1⁄2 bunch of kale.
- 1 small handful of fresh mint or coriander
- 2 to 3 cups of coconut water or natural water.
Place all ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Add more kale if desired; mix it again. And that's it!... enjoy.
Yield: about 6 cups.
3.- Chia, banana and blueberry
It's a great way to take in extra nutrients. You can freeze leftovers in popsicle molds and add gelatin or powdered supplements like glutamine.
- 1 cup of whole raw cashews.
- 3 cups of water.
- 1 teaspoon raw organic vanilla powder.
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 2 fresh or frozen bananas
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries.
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
Place cashews, water, and vanilla powder in a high-powered blender, blend until smooth. Add the blueberries, bananas and chia seeds, keep mixing. Add additional water for a thinner consistency. You can substitute 1 cup of blueberries for 1 cup of strawberries, raspberries, or other berries.
Yield: about 7 cups.
Final tip: As you try to rid your body of toxins, try to avoid excess added sugars, processed and refined foods, alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco.
Thank you for reading the second part of this series. I hope these recipes and my recommendations are useful to you.
However, I recommend that you consult with a specialist who can help you and guide you on the journey towards detoxification. And as always, take care and enjoy.
If you have any questions, I'll wait for you in the comments!