Once again, I am here to teach you from my personal experience how foods and supplements can help in the process of eliminating toxins. Here I am not going to diagnose or treat, I will only give some recommendations that you can verify with your trusted doctor.
If there is something that the body has, it is that it is resistant and, when it comes to detoxifying, it activates the digestive tract, liver, kidneys and skin to eliminate toxins naturally through urine, feces or sweat. .
If you read my post Why Detox is Important to Maintain Your Figure, my experience , the information I will share here, will help you put the pieces together.
Would you like to know how to eliminate toxins? I invite you to keep reading.
Phytonutrients are key to eliminating toxins
Phytonutrients are organic components that plants produce to stimulate their own growth and protect themselves. But they also contribute to improving human health.
They are a good source of detoxification, if you include them in your diet in the following way:
- Eat between 6 and 10 servings a day of vegetables and fruits.
- Try to consume them in all colors: red, green, purple, yellow and orange.
- Try to eat seasonal products. This way they will be less likely to have preservatives and chemicals that poison your body.
If you are not a fan of vegetables and fruits, or do not eat the required daily amount, you can rely on supplementation.
At Evolution Advance we have Vitality Greens is a tablet solution, very convenient and easy to consume, that offers you the benefits of this food group.
Fiber helps detox
They support the elimination of waste and cleansing the colon. These help you with intestinal regularity and fecal volume. They also act like a sponge in the intestines, eliminating toxins.
The key is to have a bowel movement at least once a day to eliminate toxins that are in the way.
They free the colon of “debris” so you can eliminate toxins adhered to the intestinal wall. In addition, it favors the toning of the stomach and pelvic muscles, creating resistance and promoting peristalsis (a series of muscular contractions that transport food to the different processing stations of the digestive tract).
In order to properly eliminate toxins you must make sure you have a good digestive system. Remember that it is a way for your body to get rid of toxins; Try to evacuate at least once a day.
Make sure you drink plenty of water and sweat, as this helps ease your passage and eliminate toxins more easily.
I recommend that you try Happy Colon from Evolution Advance so that your visits to the bathroom are more frequent and pleasant.
Diet to eliminate toxins
Combating toxicity helps reduce inflammation, which leads to a lighter toxic burden.
An anti-inflammatory diet includes:
- 100% organic seafood.
- Plant foods rich in fatty acids.
- Omega-3 that include flaxseed and chia seeds.
- Non-starchy vegetables.
- Spices, including turmeric.
- It incorporates anti-inflammatory nutrients such as fish oil, krill oil and resveratrol, an antioxidant found especially in the skin of red grapes, currants, blackberries and peanuts.
Extensive research shows that whole foods help detoxify you, through several pathways. And together with quality proteins and fats, they create an optimal eating plan to eliminate toxins and support your weight loss.
To do this, choose organic plant foods and foods of animal origin from
the highest quality whenever possible.
What did my diet consist of?
My diet was based primarily on fiber which helps reduce chronic inflammation that has been linked to heart disease, diabetes and cancer.
I also filled my plates with foods rich in antioxidants that support the body's ability to fight toxins.
Foods rich in sulfur, such as:
Cruciferous vegetables, such as:
- Brussels sprouts.
Notably, a 2014 study revealed that women who ate the most cruciferous vegetables had substantially less inflammation than those who ate the least.
My advice is to always choose organic and animal-based plant foods of the highest quality, whenever possible.
Steps to facilitate your detox
I will recommend a series of actions that will facilitate the detoxification process:
- You need organic foods like: proteins, fats and even some carbohydrates (unprocessed). I suggest you buy and consume seasonal products to avoid preservatives and chemicals.
- You need whole, unprocessed foods (grains, nuts, seeds) in your diet.
- You should eat a high mix of vegetables and fruits weekly (raw and cooked).
- Commit to drinking 2 liters of water a day.
- Drink herbal teas (daily green tea helps sweat and eliminate toxins).
- Consume certain herbs such as: psyllium seed, licorice root, yucca root, milk thistle seed and gentian.
- The best! Dark chocolate is a superfood to get rid of toxins. But don't overdo it.
3 easy recipes that will help you eliminate toxins
1.- Ginger, berry and orange smoothie
This smoothie, or a variation of it, is what I make most often at home for breakfast or snack. Sometimes I use tangerines instead of oranges.
If the oranges have many seeds, you can easily remove them by cutting them in half after having peeled them and removing them with the help of the tip of a knife.
- 3 cups of water.
- 1⁄2 to 1 bunch of collard greens.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cherries
- 2 small peeled oranges.
- 1 piece (2 inches) fresh ginger.
Add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately and store leftovers in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Yield: about 7 cups.
2.- Pineapple green smoothie
If you're just getting used to green smoothies, this recipe is a great way to start. Everyone loves him.
- 1⁄2 fresh peeled pineapple.
- 1 small avocado, pitted and peeled.
- 1⁄2 bunch kale.
- 1 small handful of fresh mint or cilantro.
- 2 to 3 cups of coconut water or natural water.
Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth. Add more kale if desired; mix it again. And that's it!... enjoy.
Yield: about 6 cups.
3.- Chia, banana and blueberry
It's a great way to take in additional nutrients. You can freeze leftovers in popsicle molds and add gelatin or powdered supplements like glutamine.
- 1 cup whole raw cashews.
- 3 cups of water.
- 1 teaspoon raw organic vanilla powder.
- 1 cup frozen wild blueberries.
- 2 fresh or frozen bananas.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries.
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds.
Place cashews, water and vanilla powder in a high-powered blender, blend until smooth. Add the blueberries, bananas and chia seeds, continue mixing. Add additional water for a thinner consistency. You can substitute 1 cup of blueberries for 1 cup of strawberries, raspberries or other berries.
Yield: about 7 cups.
Final tip: While trying to eliminate toxins from your body, try to avoid excess added sugars, processed and refined foods, alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco.
Thank you for reading the second part of this series. I hope you find these recipes and my recommendations useful.
However, I recommend that you consult with a specialist who can help and guide you on the journey towards detoxification. And as always, take care and enjoy.
If you have any questions, I'll wait for you in the comments!